View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: New DVD's   Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:36 pm

I rarely buy movies these days, other than animated films for the kids. But today I bought 2 horror movies. I used to colect them on VHS before I met my wife, and I owned over 600 titles. But since my wife can't stand them, I rarely get to watch them, and the point of ownig them is lost. But today I actually purchused 2 movies that will have to stay in the cupboard until my wife is away for an evening, or whatnot.

The first movie I got was "Trick or Treat". I used to own it on VHS, with a much cooler cover than this DVD issue has. It's not the best movie ever, but I figured it sort of fits in my metal collection. :lol

The other one I bought was "Beyond Re-Animator". I didn't even know it existed! I used to own both "Re-Animator" and Bride of "Re-Animator" as well as most of the other Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna stuff. So I just had to buy this to get to this DVD to one day be able to see it. It only cost like 5$ used, and that is a steal here in Norway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.metal-metropolis.com
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Ahhhh, "Trick Or Treat" -- I bought that one on DVD (for about five bucks) about three years ago. I threw it in the shopping cart at Wal-Mart and my wife sez "What's this movie about?" and I sez "Trust me, you're gonna HATE it, but I HAVE to own this!" Laughing

I was lookin' thru the cheap DVDs at the supermarket today (I also rarely buy DVDs unless they're cheap as hell) and almost picked up a double-feature of "Prom Night III: The Last Kiss" and "Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil," but decided not to. Now it's bugging me so if it's still there the next time I'm in the store I'll probably snag it. I would have gotten it in a heart beat if it contained "Prom Night's" II and III (which both featured Mary Lou Maloney, the ghostly prom queen who was basically Freddy Krueger in a dress), but Part IV was just a basic slasher unrelated to the Mary Lou saga if memory serves.

What the hell, it's only $2.99, ya can't really beat that price for two movies anyway!

Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:51 am

I had to break out Trick or Treat around Halloween.Good movie to have Kmorg.I like those $5 DVDs that the Wal-Mart here has.If you feel like digging through a big a pile of em sometimes you can find some gems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:33 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I had to break out Trick or Treat around Halloween.Good movie to have Kmorg.I like those $5 DVDs that the Wal-Mart here has.If you feel like digging through a big a pile of em sometimes you can find some gems.

WalMart's $5 DVD bin rules! I estimate that at least half of my DVD collection came from that bin!

MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

WalMart's $5 DVD bin rules! I estimate that at least half of my DVD collection came from that bin!

Trick or Treat has a good example of some nekkid boobies that, back in the day, we thought were the bomb-diggity. I watched that movie not that long ago and when that scene came on (girl wearing headphones in the backseat of the car while some demon undressed her), I was shocked. The girl had some of the weakest little mosquito bites I've ever scene.

Still a great movie though. Skippy rocks.

Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Trick or Treat has a good example of some nekkid boobies that, back in the day, we thought were the bomb-diggity. I watched that movie not that long ago and when that scene came on (girl wearing headphones in the backseat of the car while some demon undressed her), I was shocked. The girl had some of the weakest little mosquito bites I've ever scene.

Still a great movie though. Skippy rocks.

Indeed. I love when Skippy's is trying to get "Sammi Curr" trapped in the back of the cop car and lures him in by calling him a "FUCKIN WIMP POSER!"

Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:13 pm

Went back to the supermarket today to grab a gallon of milk (darn kids, always needing nourishment and clothing and unnecessary frills like that!) so I did indeed grab that cheap-o "Prom Night III" and "IV" two-fer that I spoke of a few posts back... and snagged "Open Water" as well... haven't seen that one before but I hear it was great... and ya can't beat three movies for a grand total of five bucks (plus tax)...!

kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Did they just remake Prom Night?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:53 pm

kmorg wrote:
Did they just remake Prom Night?

Yes, unfortunately. They have remade almost everything. Rolling Eyes

Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Yea, the "Prom Night" remake was crap. Typical Hollywood-ized, MTV-styley, PG-13 teenybopper "horror" stuff. We rented the so-called "Uncut" version and it was still tame as a kitten. I can only imagine how lame the PG-13 version shown in theatres must've been.

tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:00 pm

This thread made me dig out my copy of Beyond Reanimator. I forgot all about the reanimated penis fighting the rat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:54 pm

I almost bought Bride of Re-Animator last night! The collector in me wanted it becasue it belongs next ot Beyond Re-Animator! Laughing

Ended up with a couple of Argento flicks instead. Suspiria I've already seen, but that is one of my all time favorites. So since they sold 2 for the price of 1 I picked it up together with Cat O' Nine Tails, one of the few Argento flicks I haven't seen before. Man, I need to ditch my wife so I can be able to see some of these movies soon! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DVD's   

Back to top Go down

New DVD's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: