HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Death Cult's Drive In

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
avatar

Number of posts : 855
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Since it's getting close to Halloween, Ive dragged alot of movies out to watch during the evenings and days off, tonight is:

BAD TASTE

THE GATE

Anyone else enjoying any cheezy horror?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deathbythrash.com
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
avatar

Number of posts : 590
Age : 43
Location : Bartow, FL
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:53 pm

I decided I'm watching all the Halloween movies this week. Going to try to get through Resurrection and H20 tonite. Get the worst stuff out of the way. Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brianleemarshall.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
avatar

Number of posts : 855
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I decided I'm watching all the Halloween movies this week. Going to try to get through Resurrection and H20 tonite. Get the worst stuff out of the way. Smile

I only have 1-5. 1&3 are my favorites, I was thinking about picking up that Halloween boxset they have out today actually. BAD TASTE is hilarious if youve never seen it, its amazing to think he went on to direct Lord Of The Rings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
avatar

Number of posts : 246
Age : 44
Location : Here
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Oh Yeah,I love this time of year.Kick back with a good scary movie.Last Night I watched the Pumpkin Carver on SciFi.It was a one of those cheesy b grade movies that scifi does so well but it wasnt too bad.I always have to watch the original Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre too.And probably a zombie flick before the weeks over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
avatar

Number of posts : 89
Age : 42
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:52 pm

I miss watching scary movies. I used to be the biggest fan of the underground splatter. But my marriage set a stop to that. The scariest movie I've seen this year is Plan 9 From Outer Space! Rolling Eyes

Well, that's not true. I ws watching Sweeney Todd last weekend, when my wife was abroad. But it's not the same when the singing is the scariest parts..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.metal-metropolis.com
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 38
Location : Long Island, NY
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Does anyone watch the Monsters HD channel? Maybe im the only one that has it here I dont know. I watch it from time to time. Last week they were playing the Chainsaw Massacre movies. I watched the second one. Holy crap was that bad! They pretty much made a joke about it so it was like a horror/comedy. Im glad I didnt watch it completely from the begining. I want to see the original. I think they played that as well but I missed it. I saw all the other ones.

I dont really have any favorite Horror Movies but the Saw ones are pretty good since their not really about horror but they are more like a mystery kind of thing, but the sad thing about it is how they are just dragging it down to the ground by not just ending it. 5 just came out last week I havent seen it yet. My gf lied to me and said it was sold out when I wanted to go. She dont like to sit at the movie theater. I had a feeling she was lying too. I was watching tv lastnight and saw a new show called Scream Queen and whoever wins will be in the next Saw movie. I just cant believe they are up to 5 already and are going to make a 6th. How many more can they possibly squeeze out of this movie before it becomes played out which it already is starting to be.

The other horror movie I like is the remake of Halloween that Rob Zombie did. Some people hated it I thought it was good and told more of a story of how and why he was like he was. I thought he did a good job with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
exact33
The King
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:20 pm

does sleepless in seattle county as a horror movie??

Alex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
avatar

Number of posts : 855
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
does sleepless in seattle county as a horror movie??

Alex

Im not sure, but it makes you at least 5% Gay
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:33 pm

DeathCult wrote:
exact33 wrote:
does sleepless in seattle county as a horror movie??

Alex

Im not sure, but it makes you at least 5% Gay

i never said i saw it... i was just wondering if it was considered a horror movie Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:53 pm

DeathCult wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I decided I'm watching all the Halloween movies this week. Going to try to get through Resurrection and H20 tonite. Get the worst stuff out of the way. Smile

I only have 1-5. 1&3 are my favorites, I was thinking about picking up that Halloween boxset they have out today actually. BAD TASTE is hilarious if youve never seen it, its amazing to think he went on to direct Lord Of The Rings.

Ever see another Jackson classic, "Meet The Feebles"? Talk about hilarious!

Dead Alive is a Jackson classic too. Geez what happened to the guy? He went all mainstream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Also, I'm watching a great one now. It's called Doomsday and it's by the same guy who did Dog Soldiers and The Descent.

Hardly original at all; more like a mashup of Escape From New York, Mad Max and 28 Days Later. But man is it ever entertaining. And really gory.

If you enjoy over the top, cheezy, gory, don't take themselves too seriously flicks like Planet Terror, this one's a must see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
avatar

Number of posts : 590
Age : 43
Location : Bartow, FL
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:56 pm

My favorite Peter Jackson movie is The Frighteners.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brianleemarshall.com
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
My favorite Peter Jackson movie is The Frighteners.

Haven't seen that one but I've heard of it. I think that was his first "mainstream" outing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:11 pm

You guys really need to see Meet The Feebles.

It's like The Muppets on acid and steroids.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 38
Location : Long Island, NY
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Oh this reminds me Toho.... I watched Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla this past weekend in your honor. Ive seen most of the Gamora movies through MST3K but never seen a Godzilla unless MST3k did one of those too I cant remember. Anyway I wasnt feeling too good on saturday and I was sitting at my gf's house the Monsters HD Channel was showing the Gozilla movies and some of the other Japanese monster movies. I have to say it was a bad movie. Im not sure if this is like a classic Godzilla movie or not but I didnt think it was too bad. Some things were funny like when Mecha Godzilla Tackled Godzilla out of nowhere haha me and my gf were laughing. Then when Mecha Godzilla took Godzillas tail and started swinging him around. That was funny too haha. It had its silliness but it was a decent movie.

Damn how many times did I write Godzilla? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 pm

There are also various phases of the same movies. There's an older Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla that's pretty bad. It has another monster in it called Titanosaurus. Then there are the Godzilla movies from the 90s which have much better FX; there's a MechaGodzilla one of those too.

Either way, MechaGodzilla was one of the dumber ideas in the franchise IMO. I like the King Ghidorah vs Godzilla movies much better.

But like you said, they're all at least somewhat silly but they're also just plain fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Oh and MST3K did Godzilla vs Megalon. It's the one where Godzilla throws a dropkick into Megalon while sliding on his tail. Hilarious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
avatar

Number of posts : 246
Age : 44
Location : Here
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Also, I'm watching a great one now. It's called Doomsday and it's by the same guy who did Dog Soldiers and The Descent.

Hardly original at all; more like a mashup of Escape From New York, Mad Max and 28 Days Later. But man is it ever entertaining. And really gory.

If you enjoy over the top, cheezy, gory, don't take themselves too seriously flicks like Planet Terror, this one's a must see.

Dog Soldiers was a surprisingly good movie.I caught it one night on SciFi and didnt expect much but it turned out to be pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Also, I'm watching a great one now. It's called Doomsday and it's by the same guy who did Dog Soldiers and The Descent.

Hardly original at all; more like a mashup of Escape From New York, Mad Max and 28 Days Later. But man is it ever entertaining. And really gory.

If you enjoy over the top, cheezy, gory, don't take themselves too seriously flicks like Planet Terror, this one's a must see.

Dog Soldiers was a surprisingly good movie.I caught it one night on SciFi and didnt expect much but it turned out to be pretty good.

You should check out The Descent. Sort of similar to The Cave but way, way better; they came out about the same time. Very claustrophobic movie and pretty gory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
avatar

Number of posts : 246
Age : 44
Location : Here
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:25 pm

That sounds familiar.I'll have to check into it,thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
avatar

Number of posts : 855
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I decided I'm watching all the Halloween movies this week. Going to try to get through Resurrection and H20 tonite. Get the worst stuff out of the way. Smile

I only have 1-5. 1&3 are my favorites, I was thinking about picking up that Halloween boxset they have out today actually. BAD TASTE is hilarious if youve never seen it, its amazing to think he went on to direct Lord Of The Rings.

Ever see another Jackson classic, "Meet The Feebles"? Talk about hilarious!

Dead Alive is a Jackson classic too. Geez what happened to the guy? He went all mainstream.

I have Meet The Feebles and Dead Alive as well, great stuff. He USED to be cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deathbythrash.com
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 38
Location : Long Island, NY
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Oh and MST3K did Godzilla vs Megalon. It's the one where Godzilla throws a dropkick into Megalon while sliding on his tail. Hilarious!

I think this Mechagodzilla one was fairly new. In the 2000's? I forget though. Yea thats the one MST3K did. I got that one somewhere I should watch it. I got their new dvd set coming to me I forget whats on it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:46 pm

DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I decided I'm watching all the Halloween movies this week. Going to try to get through Resurrection and H20 tonite. Get the worst stuff out of the way. Smile

I only have 1-5. 1&3 are my favorites, I was thinking about picking up that Halloween boxset they have out today actually. BAD TASTE is hilarious if youve never seen it, its amazing to think he went on to direct Lord Of The Rings.

Ever see another Jackson classic, "Meet The Feebles"? Talk about hilarious!

Dead Alive is a Jackson classic too. Geez what happened to the guy? He went all mainstream.

I have Meet The Feebles and Dead Alive as well, great stuff. He USED to be cool.

Thank you! That's what I always say when people start talking about Jackson. He had such a promising beginning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
avatar

Number of posts : 855
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Yeah, I really thought he'd go on to be a cult b-movie legend like Fulci, but it didnt last long at all.

And I saw the Frighteners once, that was enough
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:52 pm

I saw his version of King Kong.

Great while on Skull Island; like watching Ren and Stimpy once Kong gets to New York.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Death Cult's Drive In   

Back to top Go down
 
Death Cult's Drive In
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: