HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Your favorite era of music?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Your favorite era of music?
50s
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
60s
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
70s
29%
 29% [ 4 ]
80s
57%
 57% [ 8 ]
90s
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
00s
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14
 

AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
avatar

Number of posts : 590
Age : 43
Location : Bartow, FL
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Jerry Lee's music is tons better than Elvis' (although I love Elvis as well) but Elvis had all the girls cumming in their panties on a nightly basis. That is why Elvis is called the king of rock n roll.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brianleemarshall.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
avatar

Number of posts : 855
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Jerry Lee's music is tons better than Elvis' (although I love Elvis as well) but Elvis had all the girls cumming in their panties on a nightly basis. That is why Elvis is called the king of rock n roll.

Elvis is great, I love his stuff. Musically, Jerry Lee is better, but vocal wise and image, Ill take Elvis anyday, he was pretty badass...well until he got fat anyway, I can still do without Blue Hawaii

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
avatar

Number of posts : 127
Age : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:30 am

NOW! It just keeps getting better! (Has there been a bad era?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
avatar

Number of posts : 590
Age : 43
Location : Bartow, FL
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:06 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
NOW! It just keeps getting better! (Has there been a bad era?)

I really wish I shared your enthusiasm. Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brianleemarshall.com
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
avatar

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:26 am

DeathCult wrote:
detuned wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
I thought about voting for the 50's just for the hell of it.

Alot of my favorite jazz albums were recorded in the mid-late 50's, I almost voted for it.

Spec's avatar and this thread really made me think if that incident didnt happen where they found out Jerry Lee married his teen cousin, he probably wouldve been as big as or maybe bigger than Elvis.

I don't think that if Jerry Lee Lewis hadn't married his cousin he would have been bigger than Elvis. I think he would held on to his success but Jerry was always a wild man compared to Elvis's wholesome image, also what other performer can make a series of crappy movies like Elvis, release a horde of medicore recordings and mange to hold to his success.

I am fan of both men, but Elvis was like a supernova, that guy (commerically) could do no wrong. Any other performer who made some of the business and artistic decisions he made would have sunk without a trace, but not Elvis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
avatar

Number of posts : 153
Age : 47
Location : post 35 haze
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:09 pm

CHUCK BERRY

Chuck was the king of rock n roll as far as I'm concerned...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
avatar

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:14 pm

detuned wrote:
CHUCK BERRY

Chuck was the king of rock n roll as far as I'm concerned...

I would agree with you detuned, but i hate bring race into this but during that time period you needed a white man who sounded "black" to make rock n roll the commerical beast it became.

Chuck Berry is a great artist and probably the most influential figure in all of rock history as far as song writing, guitar playing , image, lyrics etc, but as good as he was, he could never have broken thru as Elvis did, simply because of his skin color. What's your opinion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
avatar

Number of posts : 153
Age : 47
Location : post 35 haze
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:03 am

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
CHUCK BERRY

Chuck was the king of rock n roll as far as I'm concerned...

I would agree with you detuned, but i hate bring race into this but during that time period you needed a white man who sounded "black" to make rock n roll the commerical beast it became.

Chuck Berry is a great artist and probably the most influential figure in all of rock history as far as song writing, guitar playing , image, lyrics etc, but as good as he was, he could never have broken thru as Elvis did, simply because of his skin color. What's your opinion?

I agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exact33
The King
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:14 pm

too bad we dont have the 30's cause glenn miller is the man!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   

Back to top Go down
 
Your favorite era of music?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: